Monday, February 10, 2014

One Year in Mongolia

I have now lived in Mongolia for one adventure-filled year.  A church has been birthed.  Along with a children's ministry.  I've learned a lot about mutton and yogurt.  And teaching English and geology.  I've made some beautiful friends.  And I've seen many of them discover the love of God.

It has been a good year.  And I am looking forward to the next!

Just in case it was hard to see the photos from my email update, I am posting them here.  Along with some fresh prayer requests below!



Piping Fresh Prayer Requests
Here are some up-to-date (as of this post, ya know) prayer points for fuel.  Thank you for lifting us up!

- a young man to disciple our 10 to 15 year old boys - we want them to know that following Jesus is totally worth everything!

- comfort for a family in our body who lost their 12-month old daughter two weeks ago, and for another family who teaches at my university who lost their 18-month old son one week ago.

- grace in this next semester to teach well, and let go of extraneous details that could swamp me (I am a bit of a perfectionist!)

- excellent connections during discipleship times with girls from school and church

- wisdom for us as a church to know how to reach the young men of Ulaanbaatar




No comments:

Post a Comment