Saturday, February 9, 2013

When Dreams take Flight


Today feels like a dream to me.  One moment I am in awe that I am about to board a one-way flight to Asia.  The next I am convinced this may just be a short-term trip and that I’ll return to Dallas in a few weeks. Mostly, I am just tired. Four hours of sleep in the past forty-eight makes for a sleepy Carrie who is looking forward to boarding this jet and curling up for a long in-flight nap.

My take away from this past few weeks of final preparations is simple and beautiful.  We are never launched into God’s dreams alone.  Our Lord is far too relational to just make His dreams about Him and me.  He is excited about making His Son famous both in the nations and in our own hearts.  And He does that through His own body.

Hands & Feet – a number of times this past couple weeks, a handful of friends have come by my home to help me finish packing and going through all of my belongings. I could not have gotten out the door without each of their joyful, willing help.

Words – from teachings to encouragements to notes, I have been built up by my friends and family, near and far away.  The Love of God and His beautiful truth are flooding my soul via the conduit of His Bride!

Covering – I KNOW I am being prayed for.  I heard it in my Oaks’ children’s prayers for me last Sunday.  I can tell by the peace that surrounds me.  Encouragement has seeped into my soul and I am confident I am going to be remembered by my friends and family State-side.

Finances – From pennies and nickels collected by our Antioch children to generous gifts from those I know are living on a ‘creative’ budget, to the ones who are joyfully sharing from the place of abundance, every one of my financial supporters reflect God’s love and care for me and for the ones He is calling us to serve.

It feels to me that everyone who is giving and-or praying for me is going with me.  I do not feel alone!  We are all going out the door this afternoon – into an adventure of making Jesus famous across Asia.

Thank you, all, for being part of Abba’s beautiful dream!  You are my partners in the Gospel.  Students will know Him and make Him known.  Children will call Him Daddy.  Families will find hope in Him.  Villages will be transformed.  Nations will be changed.  And Jesus will be famous, just like He is worthy of!

In 48 hours I will be home in a new land.  You are my neighbor and friend, my brother and sister on this journey.  Who will we meet?  Who will we love together?  Who will we serve?  What will we learn?  I cannot wait to find out!

For His glory!  For their joy and ours!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful way to capture these feelings carrie!! So so so excited for you and cannot wait to see what God does through your beautiful submission to Him. LOVE YOU FRIEND! and you're right- you WILL NOT be forgotten!!! :)

    ReplyDelete